Looking for software development consultants to move your business forward? At Propel Tech, we work seamlessly with your team, functioning as an integral part of your organisation.
Our software development services are here to assist you in overcoming business and software challenges. Whether this is resource needs, quality issues, integration, growth, or even transformation gaps.
With our software consultancy services, you can make the most of your current applications while embracing new technologies through effective system architecture design and implementation. At Propel Tech, we're not just consultants. We're your partners in achieving sustainable success through software excellence.
Let’s talk tech
We’re eager to hear about your project goals and turn them into reality.
Get a free software consultation to make tech possible.
Software challenges we overcome
We define and facilitate more efficient business processes by leveraging technology solutions.
Your software systems may no longer be fit for purpose and you need to respond to the changing needs of your business as well as keep up with technological advancement.
Your systems are unreliable and downtime is affecting productivity, causing business frustration and inefficiencies.
If your processes are too complex, we review your software and business architecture to streamline workflows and simplify systems integration.
You need to evolve to respond to changing market conditions, user needs or competitive pressure.
Software consultation services
Digital strategy consultancy
Our expert team collaborates with you to:
- Identify and define a digital strategy for progress
- Review your current tech landscape
- Design an independent roadmap
- Deliver enhanced efficiency
- Overcome software challenges
- Empower growth and success
Software design consultancy
Here, we become an extension of your team:
- Design bespoke software specifications
- Define and architect software requirements
- Specify necessary technologies
- Identify required skillsets
- Ensure on-time, on-budget project delivery
Code review consultancy
Our services help you:
- Assess the suitability of your current software
- Identify performance issues
- Uncover barriers to improvements
- Address technical debt concerns
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews, including security assessments
- Reveal hidden potential risks
- Offer impartial improvement recommendations
Legacy software consultancy
Legacy software can bring unique challenges:
- Lack of support
- Performance hiccups
- Usability concerns
Leveraging our extensive experience with such software and your specific needs, we offer impartial guidance. We can help you discover whether your software requires updating, replacement, or can remain as is.
SaaS evaluation consultancy
Our SaaS (Software as a Service) evaluation:
- Offers a curated range of products tailored to your needs
- Analyses your existing processes
- Aligns them with your goals
- Recommends solutions that set you apart
- Ensures seamless integration into your systems
David Manning - Senior IT Solution Delivery Manager, SSE PLC
Our approach to software consultancy
We start with a discovery workshop to understand the current state of business, technology and management system. We then gather insights to identify where the biggest technology challenges and opportunities lie. Following this, we develop recommendations for technology priorities that will bring the highest ROI.
We always take into consideration budget and capacity for implementation. This is done before designing a roadmap for technology implementation that meets your business needs. If required, we can also design and prototype the recommended solutions, supporting the full SDLC (Software Delivery Lifecycle) through to delivery and support.
Analysis and planning
- Discovery workshop
- Review existing systems and process performance
- Spend time with all relevant departments (day in the life)
- Build personas
- Technology audit (Code, DB, Security)
- Software audit (bespoke and SaaS)
- Identify problems and risks
- Process mapping
- Gap analysis
- Gather business requirements
- Define objectives
- Project scoping
- Project planning, delivery program and costs (roadmap)
- Functional specification
Design and prototyping
- User experience journeys
- Proof of concept
- System architecture
- Technical specification
Delivering the right business outcomes
Whether you’re looking for radical digital transformation or incremental evolution of your technology capabilities, our consultants devise digital strategies that help achieve your business goals.
Need help to shape your digital transformation strategy? Or support to deliver certain aspects of a defined plan or project management goal? We can help. Find out how we can support your business' digital transformation programme.
Legacy software modernisation
As experts in both old and new technologies we can help modernise and integrate your existing systems. This helps to move your business forward when full digital transformation isn’t an option. Find out how we help modernise your existing legacy systems.
Software project rescue
Our software consultancy service can come to your aid by re-scoping solutions so that they align with your business and user needs. Find out how we can help rescue failing software projects.
Dedicated developer resource
We can provide the dedicated developer resource you need to implement any of the recommendations made during the software consultancy process. Learn how we can extend your team with dedicated developer resource.
Featured Case Study
Providing expert software consultancy when it mattered
- Team augmentation services
- Immediate technology expertise
- Scale up/down resources
- Increased delivery velocity
Other software development services
Your partners in possibilities
As experts across existing and new technologies, we don’t simply solve software problems, we find solutions that help manage change so that your business thrives and grows.
We’re eager to hear about your project goals and turn them into reality. Get a free consultation to make tech possible.Brief us